Camp Gencheff provides an enjoyable, recreational program for individuals with special needs. We offer an opportunity for children, teens and adults to participate and develop physically, and emotionally through a safe and fun camping experience.
Through the nature and structure of our programs we strive to have all campers feel welcome.
At Camp Gencheff our motto is:
Focus On Ability!
The Camp Gencheff Board of Directors gratefully acknowledge contributions received in the memory of Arnold G. Burhoe, which have made this website possible
Goals and Objectives!
• To provide an opportunity for special needs children, teens and adults to participate in a residential camping experience.
• To encourage emotional and physical independence among the campers.
• To accentuate a sense of responsibility, self-esteem, and acceptance for the campers by encouraging active involvement in all the daily activities.
• To provide an opportunity for respite to the parents and caregivers of the campers.
• To ensure a safe, challenging, fun, and memorable holiday for all of the campers.
A place to call their own!
From arts & crafts, games and fun to karaoke and dances, Camp Gencheff is a very special place where friendships are made and encouragement is found.
We believe that we all have special skills, talents and creativity. All we need is a place to grow, and that is our goal: To provide a safe and exciting place to assist our campers in developing their own unique skills and personalities. We strive to promote independence and growth in all areas: social, personal, and physical.
We are a fully accessible facility serving special needs individuals across Prince Edward Island.
We serve many people, young and old, with disabilities such as spina bifida, cerebral palsy, down’s syndrome, paralysis, developmental delay, visual and hearing impairments, among many others.